Best Things About Garment Bags
At some point in our lives, we will make use of Garment Bags. Garment Bags are a style of luggage that folds over on itself to allow long garments including suits and dress to be packed flat, to avoid creasing.
They are quite handy when it comes to storing our clothing. Manufacturers from all over the world, use a diverse range of flexible fabrics in the manufacturing of Garment Bags.
This post is intended to give you information, hints and tips so that you make better-informed decisions before you go out there to look for a Garment Bag best suitable for you. You can purchase them from outlets and shops that sell varied types of Garment Bags.
Suit Bags, as we call them at times, come in different models: some wheeled and non-wheeled. They also come in different shapes and sizes. So, the bag that you will choose in the end is largely determined by what you decide to store inside it.
I can’t overemphasise the important role that garment bags play in our lives in providing us with much – needed storage for our clothing. I am using clothing as a broad and general term to encompass all different types of apparel including suits, jackets and wedding gowns.
Facts Everyone Should Know – What Are Garment Bags Used For?
(1) We use Garment Bags to protect our fancier clothing, formal or business attire. Protection from dust, dirt, smells and to be wrinkle-free.
(2) I believe that most people have one or two outfits they classify as ‘special outfits.’ Therefore, they try their best to preserve their special outfits. One way of achieving this is making sure the special outfits are only used for special occasions. This is where Garment Bags come in. They are exceptionally good at doing their job properly. Each time we use Garment Bags, we are guaranteed of getting the maximum protection for our garments or clothing.
(3) In addition, Garment Bags do an excellent job of preserving the quality of our clothing. In most cases, things like dust and humidity come in the way. And over a period of time, they ruin the good looks and good quality to our clothing.
(4) We also use Suit Bags to ease the transportation of our clothing. Using them during times of travel helps us to keep our clothes in good condition. We also get the same results when we are hanging our garment bags in our wardrobes.
(5) Garment Bags are not in the category of handbags that we are often seen carrying around. Most people prefer using them occasionally and find them ideal for off-season clothes.
Tintec Pack of 9 Breathable Clothes Covers Transparent Suit Dress Clothes Bag DustproofCloths Storage Damp-proof Garment Bags with full Zipper and Top Hole for Hanger Hook 3pcs 60cm*80cm,3pcs 60cm*100cm,3pcs 60cm*120cm
♥ The choice is entirely up to the customer to choose to buy a Garment Bag which comes together with its cover or buy it separately.
♥ However, some customers prefer to buy Garment Bags that are sold in sets. For example, those that are part of Travel Luggage Sets.
Dry cleaner Bags, on the other hand, look like garment bags. However, the difference is that they make a poor substitute because they are made from plastic material.
The main disadvantage of buying a plastic Garment Bag is that you can use it for a short period or for temporary use. My advice is, aim to get yourself a Garment Bag of excellent quality. Having said that, it also depends on your circumstances. For example, a business person, who is always travelling will find a Plastic Bag, which falls under the category of dispensable bags, more appealing to buy.
Guide To Buying A Good Quality Garment Bag
To be of good quality, the fabric used for manufacturing a Garment Bag needs to be taken into consideration seriously because it all adds up to the texture of the final product.
I have listed below qualities to look out for in a fabric.
(2) Stain proof, yet breathable enough so that the fabric doesn’t get ruined by either heat and humidity. Supplex is a good example of the good material to look out for since this fabric is lightweight, waterproof and breathable.
(3) Strong and durable material. This is particularly important when you are going on holiday. When you are planning a trip, remember to choose a Garment Bag or Suit Bag that is specifically designed for travel so that your travel garments are adequately protected.
Why Is Synthetic Material Recommended? 🤔
One type of garment bag that is recommended is one made from EVA synthetic material. The advantage EVA synthetic material has over other materials is that it offers good protection. Moreover, it is insulated and it does not break down easily over time.
Compared to other materials, EVA and nylon garment bags are the best for the simple reason that they are easy to care for. In addition, they are water resistant.
Just a word of precaution. You need to be extra careful, though, when it comes to purchasing certain types of garment bags that are made of thin plastic.
For health and safety reasons, try your best to keep them out of children’s reach. Children have a tendency of playing with a lot of things. They may play with plastic bags leading to disastrous consequences. So many times we hear stories about children who ended up being choked to death after putting plastic in their mouths.
When we decide to buy our Garment Bag Covers, we must bear in mind that there is a wide range of them on the market to choose from.
It’s advisable to have at least one Garment Bag that you keep in your closet, just on standby. The advantage of having one is that Garment Bags are hard to beat when it comes to consolidating the size of your closet without getting rid of any precious possessions.
A garment bag is a long hanging bag with a zip to allow you to put your clothing inside. You can use it for carrying your clothing items such as jackets, suits and dresses. In a nutshell, these are a few tips I have for you, to help you buy a decent Garment Bag. You can get them in many shops including a few ones I have listed below.
The most important thing to bear in mind is to compare the prices and the quality first before you part with your hard earned cash. Hopefully, you will find this post useful. Please feel free to leave any questions you may have below. I will be more than happy to respond as soon as I can.