Packing Cubes Facts You Need To Know
Do you know the problems every traveller faces ? Knowing the type of travel bag to bring for a particular trip can be daunting. Packing Cubes are part of the solution. Why I say this is because Packing Cubes are exceptionally good at maximizing space in our suitcases and minimizing the load.
What are Packing Cubes?
Packing Cubes which are also known as packing squares or packing pouches are small bags designed to organize and compartmentalize clothes inside your travel luggage. They are quite effective in compressing your clothing to ensure optimum use of space. They come in different sizes: large, medium or small. Also, in varying sets and different quantities. For example, 6 travel packing cubes. Most Packing Cubes are made from a durable High-Quality Nylon Fabric which resists usual wear and tear.
What are the benefits?
(1) Packing Cubes are a good replacement for the classical heavy bags that come with fixed compartments that can’t be customized. If all travellers needs were to be met, customizing plays a crucial role. This is where Packing Cubes come in. They replaced the role classical heavy bags used to play. Packing Cubes have brought in a flexible and practical solution to packing. They are exceptional at keeping your clothes in your suitcase as organized as possible.
(2) You can also use Packing Cubes to keep your hotel room and wardrobe tidy and spacious. To avoid clutter, put your packing cubes inside your closet and drawers. Packing Cubes are capable of turning around any chaotic situation. They make life easy by giving you peace of mind in knowing that you are able to locate your luggage items easily. Nothing can be more pleasing than that.
(3) Packing Cubes keep your luggage organized during your entire trip. However, this doesn’t happen by itself. You need to pack according to your destinations. I would prefer leaving the luggage for my last destination right at the bottom of my suitcase.
(4) Packing Cubes provide your clothing with the protection they need. Your clothes are kept wrinkle free, free from stains and damages that come while in transit. Thanks to the durable silnylon ripstop material used in the manufacturing of packing cubes. It can withstand any damages that come along your journey. Some packing cubes are water repellent and washable, making them even better.
(5) Packing Cubes often come to the rescue of travellers. Especially in avoiding overweight charges at the airports and the stress that comes with packing and unpacking.
(6) When you use Packing Cubes to pack your clothes by the outfit, it saves time. It helps you avoid the long process of sorting through countless clothing items you will be searching for in your luggage. If you have to retrieve something, you can easily rearrange the packing cubes.
I recommend the packing cubes made from silnylon ripstop which are durable. Also, look out for those with quality zippers and a see-through mesh tops for more practical and easy to use.
Who Are Packing Cases for?
Packing cubes are not only used by backpackers, business travellers and holidaymakers, also by anyone who wants to travel and enjoy a stress-free trip.
Hints & Tips For a Stress-free Trip
I mentioned earlier on that one of the ways my website helps people to have stress free journeys, is to give them useful advice. The advice I give, I do sometimes unearth it from various sources. Through my searches, I came across Taryn White’s book entitled, Get Your Travel On! Five Keys to Pursuing Your Travel Dreams (2016). This book is full of useful advice on how we can make the most of our Packing Cubes and the benefits of using them on our travels.
Organize your clothes by outfit and place them inside packing cubes.
To maximize space and prevent creases in your clothes, roll both hard items, such as jeans, and soft items, such as cotton T-shirts.
To place your accessories in the packing cube and avoiding packing any expensive items in your checked baggage.
Pack some dirty clothes packing cube on top of your clean clothes packing cubes to store any clothes worn during your trip and to keep them separate from your clean clothes.
Insert a dry sheet in the dirty clothes bag so that when your add the worn clothes they will be less pungent.
On top of the laundry bags, place toiletries, undergarments, collars, shirts and oversize clothing items such as overcoats. Small Packing Cubes work well for storing cosmetics.
Another source of advice, I came across is a book by James Fees entitled, The Savvy Backpacker’s Guide to Europe on a Budget: Advice on Trip Planning (2015).
James also pointed out that Packing Cubes help to keep clothes organized, adding that the biggest annoyance of living out of a Backpack is gaining access to the contents of your bag. Having to pull out everything out of your Back pack to get to something at the bottom of your pack is one of those things every traveller hates. That’s why organisation is essential.
Prices of Packing Cubes vary depending on the shop that is selling them. Also, the number of sets including their sizes.
Final Opinion – Verdict
Packing Cubes are worth having as part of your travel luggage. You can buy them from different shops including Lakeland, House of Fraser, Amazon and Openair.co.uk, among other outlets. The price range is between £ 12.00 – £ 25.00.
- Fees, J (2015) The Savvy Backpacker’s Guide to Europe on a Budget: Advice on Trip Planning, Packing, Hostels & Lodging, Transportation & More!, Skyhorse Publishing, New York, pages
- Taryn White’s (2016), Get Your Travel On! Five Keys to Pursuing Your Travel Dreams, iUniverse, 2016.
Hopefully, you’ve found this article useful. Please feel free to leave a comment. Many thanks for stopping by.