Is Your Designer Handbag Germs Free?
For your designer handbag to be germs free it depends how often you clean germs off. The article published in the Daily Mail, 14 in 2015 reveals that germs find haven in handbags.
”Most handbags have the highest amount of germs than you will find in a toilet”
This sounds like an over the top statement but let’s face it. How many times have you actually cleaned your handbag since the day you bought it?
I am not blaming anyone. Most of us fall short of meeting the standards of keeping our handbags hygienically clean. To be honest, I don’t remember a single moment when I cleaned any of my handbags.
The reason is that most of us don’t know where to start when it comes to cleaning our handbags. Also, it depends on the choices that we make as individuals. Some people prefer seeking help from a professional handbag cleaner. Usually, leather bags will need a more thorough cleaning by a professional.
Cleaning Your Travel Bag Yourself – DIY
Yet, others would choose to clean themselves. Doing it yourself is a perfect solution. It is quite a good thing provided you have the cleaning know-how. In order to clean your handbag properly, you need expert advice. Otherwise, you may clean it in a way that may cause damage.
With special guidance, you will know the things you are expected to do and what things to avoid. Life becomes less complicated when you know which specialist you can use on a regular basis to keep your bag in a perfect condition.
The advantage of cleaning your handbag yourself is that you can make some awesome savings. You can use that money you would have spent on professional cleaners to pay the bills.
Another source of advice, which in my opinion, is the best, is to check for any manuals from the manufacturer, which your bag comes with. Most products are sold with instructions on how to maintain them. However, it’s not a guarantee that every product should have a manual or a cleaning guide.
With our busy lifestyles in today’s modern world, some of us don’t have the time to sit down and clean our bags. So it’s the professional cleaners who do the job for us. They ensure that your bag is kept in the best form by giving it some treatments.
Most professionals have opened up Handbag Clinics. Such clinics repair and restore damage to handbags and in some cases colour restoration to those with damages. A clinic’s commitment is to keep your bag at the standard you purchased it.
Hints & Tips For Cleaning Your Designer Handbag
- Cleaning the exterior of a bag removes surface dirt whilst cleaning the interior can get rid of common stains such as makeup and ink. Most importantly, to get rid of germs.
- To completely get rid of germs can be a bit tricky. Once the dirt is removed, germs will not have anywhere to live. So you should not only focus on cleaning your bag but focus on the source, where germs come from.
- You need to clean on a regular basis all areas in your home that as magnets to germs. Areas like the kitchen and the bathroom.
- And you need to be extra cautious where you leave your bag. Is it on the toilet floor, restaurant floor or at the doorstep? Try your level best to avoid placing your bag in places where it gets germs.
- To avoid germs, you should wash hands regularly and use
antibacterial wipes to clean the bag and its contents.
- Personally, I think before you start cleaning, always read the manufacturer’s instructions for cleaning. The good thing is it gives you a picture of what cleaning products to use. Although vinegar is widely used as a home remedy for cleaning or removing stains, it may not be a substance suitable for cleaning a leather bag.
- Some products contain chemicals that can cause damage to the colour of your leather bag and cause it to dry out. It’s always better to make informed decisions.
- Most bags can be cleaned by dampening a piece of cloth in a mild detergent solution and then wipe it dry. To get more information on how to prevent germs from spreading click here.
If you have any questions in relation to my post, ‘The Best Way To Clean Germs Off Your Designer Handbag please feel free to leave them below. I will be more than pleased to respond at the earliest possible time.